Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M BlackMoving Magnet Cartridge
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The Ortofon 2M Black and 2M Bronze cartridge bodies are identical. Styli for the 2M Black and 2M Bronze are interchangeable.
Ortofon 2M Black technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz
- Tracking ability - 80 µm
- Dynamic compliance - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Tracking force - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g