Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M Black Stylus
Moving Magnet Shibata Stylus
The Ortofon 2M Black Stylus is a replacement stylus for your existing 2M Black cartridge an optional upgrade for your Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge. It features a stunning Shibata stylus profile.
The Shibata stylus is a highly polished profile that allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls. It ensures a notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
You should upgrade your stylus when it starts to collect a lot of dust after each playback or when you notice some distortion and channel separation during listening.
We find with proper care, up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. To get more hours out of your next stylus, consider a Clean It stylus brush or Vinyl Clean compound to compliment your new stylus purchase.
Line out is used to connect your turntable to an amplifier
A replacement stylus suitable for 2M Bronze and 2M Black cartridges.
- Frequency range - 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Stylus colour - Black
Recommended for following cartridges - 2M Black, interchangeable with 2M Bronze