Xtension 9 Evolution Turntable
We consider our Xtension 9 Evolution quite an achievement. We've managed to incorporate all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in to a high end, slim-line size to fit standard audio racks.
Superlative vinyl performance from a compact, luxurious turntable.
The Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate for high mass that virtually nulls resonance. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we've damped with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and baked this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Our Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class 9cc Evolution tonearm and comes complete with a dust cover.
- Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control between 33 and 45 RPM
- 9cc Evolution tonearm made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)