Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M Blue Stylus
Moving Magnet Nude Elliptical Stylus
The Ortofon 2M Blue Stylus is a replacement for your existing Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge or an upgrade option for your existing Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. It features a Nude Elliptical stylus profile.
You should upgrade your stylus when it starts to collect a lot of dust after each playback or when you notice some distortion and channel separation during listening.
We find with proper care, up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. To get more hours out of your next stylus, consider a Clean It stylus brush or Vinyl Clean compound to compliment your new stylus purchase.
Line out is used to connect your turntable to an amplifier
- Frequency range - 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass - 0.5 mg
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°