Pre Box S2 Digital
Preamplifier & DAC
Designed by hi-fi veteran John Westlake, the Pre Box S2 Digital is a powerhouse that’s ready to handle the newest and highest-resolution digital files with grace and precision.
Line out is used to connect your turntable to an amplifier
What does it have?
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- MQA hardware decoding
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DoP, DSD512 native)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 8 selectable digital filter characteristics
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Ultra-low jitter USB input
- Gold plated four layer PCB
The most affordable MQA DAC on the market
Featuring a high-resolution ESS Sabre ESS9038 DAC and hardware MQA unfolding a feature commonly found on much more expensive DACs, the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital packs a top-of-the-line audio experience into a palm-sized product, all for a stunningly approachable price.
Award winning design
"This petite box shows that – in the world of digital audio – less can be more. Its long list of features includes full preamp functionality and the latest ESS Sabre DACs running in dual mono configuration. So it handles everything from DSD512 to 768kHz/32-bit PCM music media and will even recognise and decode MQA files. High quality passive components, an integrated headphone amplifier and a host of digital filter options complete the big picture. With an open and expressive nature, and supreme versatility, the Pre Box S2 Digital sounds bigger and bolder than it looks – making it great affordable hi-fi."
- EISA, Expert Imaging & Sound Association