Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M 78 Stylus
Moving Magnet 78 Stylus for 2M Series
The Ortofon 2M78 Stylus is a replacement for your existing Ortofon 2M Mono or 2M 78 cartridge. It features a stylus profile suitable for playing wider 78 RPM shellac record grooves.
You should upgrade your stylus when it starts to collect a lot of dust after each playback or when you notice some distortion and channel separation during listening.
We find with proper care, up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. To get more hours out of your next stylus, consider a Clean It stylus brush or Vinyl Clean compound to compliment your new stylus purchase.
Line out is used to connect your turntable to an amplifier
A genuine replacement stylus for Ortofon 2M 78 cartridge.
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 65 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Stylus colour - Grey
Recommended for following cartridges - 2M 78, interchangeable with 2M MONO.