Thoughtfully considered design
The Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital features a front seated 6.35mm headphone output. Delivering a clean and precise sound with a musical touch. Unwanted noise coming in through USB is double filtered to a level where it can’t affect audio, enabling an undisturbed listening experience. The aluminium/metal has a lovely aesthetics but it also protects against vibration and interference in your delicate circuitry.
Hi-res audio at your fingertips
The Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital supports playback for PCM files up to 32bit / 768kHz and DSD decoding up to quad DSD (DSD256). This compact DAC and headphone amplifier is loaded with five digital filters for soundshaping to the your preference.
All inputs offer support for high resolution data up to 24bit /192kHz. The USB input offers full high resolution support for all files up to PCM 32/768 and DSD256.
What does it have?
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- 32bit / 768kHz decoding
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds
- Gold plated four layer PCB